Here are helpful quotations from literary masters that can help you when you’re writing!
Writing Tips from PicktheBrain.com:
1. “I try to leave out the parts that people skip” -Elmore Leonard
2. “Substitute “damn” every time you’re inclined to write ‘very’; your editor will delete it and the writing will be just as it should be.” -Mark Twain
3. “Fill your paper with the breathings of your heart” -William Wordsworth
4. “Don’t tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on a broken glass.” – Anton Chekhov
5. “Vigorous writing is concise.” -William Strunk Jr.
6. “Write without pay until somebody offers to pay.” -Mark Twain
7. “You have to know how to accept rejection and reject acceptance.” -Ray Bradbury
8. “Quantity produces quality. If you only write a few things, you’re doomed.” -Ray Bradbury
9. “If any man wish to write in a clear style, let him be first clear in his thoughts; and if any would write in a noble style, let him first possess a noble soul.” -Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
10. “Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative.” -Oscar Wilde
Post submitted by: Miqi Cos